Our Local Union, with the support of our brothers and sisters from across the region and UFCW International, have advocated for increased health, safety and economic measures for hardworking grocery workers serving our communities during this crisis. The following applies for our members employed at Stop & Shop and Peapod:
- Increase in associate’s pay by 10% until May 2nd. This is inclusive of Sunday hours and Overtime
- For associates with a mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine by the state, health department, local board of health or government entity – or by mandate of the company related to a COVID-19 diagnosis – Stop & Shop will provide up to 2 weeks of paid sick leave.
- The above 2 weeks of paid sick leave is in addition to all other forms of PTO outlined in each collective bargaining agreement. (For Part-time associates they will use a weekly average of their past 12 weeks of hours)
- Stop & Shop will work with impacted associates to make sure they understand what other additional options may be available to them through paid time off, short term disability, unemployment and other state and federal programs.
- Stop & Shop makes it clear that spending time away from work because of COVID-19 will not put any employee’s job at risk
- Our membership’s lives are being disrupted in unprecedented ways, and with schools and childcare facilities closing, Stop & Shop will be offering flexible hours that accommodate different types of schedules.
- Stop & Shop also understands that some associates may be absent due to a personal decision to self-quarantine, to care for sick family members or for other events related to COVID-19.
- Stop & Shop will work with associates who are being dealt these challenges, and are relaxing absentee guidelines for any work missed related to COVID-19.
We will keep you updated with additional information as it becomes available. To sign up to receive updates, please text “Prepared” to 83071 and visit http://www.ufcw.org/coronavirus/. We applaud Stop & Shop for doing the right thing for hardworking families and we are so thankful to every worker serving their communities and providing families with food security during this difficult time.