New England Grocery Workers On The Move!
We are proud to announce the launch of the New England Grocery Workers on the Move website, www.groceryworkersonthemove.org . The website is intended to reach out to non-union grocery workers in the New England states.
The site provides meaningful information to non-union grocery workers about the UFCW and also details some of the victories that Stop & Shop workers achieved in their latest contract including guaranteed:
- Wage increases
- Affordable and quality health insurance
- Fair scheduling (two-week schedule in advance)
- Improved Dental and Vision
- Defined benefit pensions
- Paid vacations, sick time and holidays
- Health Savings Account or Annual Bonuses
- New additional full-time positions
- Guaranteed hours
- Increase in minimum hours for long term part time employees
- Faster road to $15 an hour
- Creation of 480 new full-time jobs
If you are a non-union grocery worker or know someone that is, check out the new website for more information. Grocery workers throughout New England will all be stronger when we come together to demand better for ourselves, our co-workers and for our families.